Simple, transparent pricing

We charge one low flat fee.
Our approach avoids sales tax (5-10% of your vehicle's value).

Registration Service

First vehicle
Montana LLC formation
40-day Montana temp tags so you can hit the road right away
Tax-free vehicle registration stands in line at the DMV so you don't have to
Document logistics (shipment of your vehicle's license plates, registration, and titles)
24/7 access to all your vehicle's documents on your Dashboard makes vehicle ownership for international visitors to the United States simple, cost-effective, and hassle-free.

Additional Services

Value-added services to help you visit the United States

Registration Services
Additional vehicle


per vehicle
40-day Montana temp tags so you can hit the road right away
Tax-free vehicle registration
Document logistics (shipments of your vehicle's license plates, registration, and titles)
24/7 access to all your vehicle's documents on your Dashboard
LLC Maintenance
After first year


per year files your Montana LLC's annual report with the Montana Secretary of State provides your Montana LLC's annual report and certification letter in your Dashboard.
Registration Renewal
After first year


per vehicle, per year renews your vehicle's registration ships your vehicle's new registration document and license plate decal to a location convenient to your travels. is tailored to your visit

Vehicle ownership in the best US state: Montana

You need a presence in a US state in order to own a vehicle in the US.

Use Montana, which doesn't require a US driver's license, doesn't require the vehicle to physically enter Montana, and has sales tax of 0% (in most situations).

We stand in line at the DMV so you don't have to

Don't waste your valuable holiday time figuring out which forms to fill and standing in line.

Let the experts at register your vehicle, so you can focus on enjoying your visit.

Hit the road right away - we'll get your documents to you on the road

We'll generate and email you 40-day Montana Temp Tags upon request. Use these to hit the road while your annual registration is in process.

Compare and save with is the easiest and most cost-effective way to own a vehicle in the US as an international visitor.
For any vehicle <$150,000
Do it yourself in New York
For a $20,000 vehicle
Do it yourself in California
For a $20,000 vehicle
Registration fees pays
$141 - $255
Sales tax
(payable where a vehicle is registered, not where it's purchased)
8 - 8.875%
8 - 9.25%
In-state address provides
Identity document requirements verifies online
Six Points of ID required
Photo ID required
Experts complete your paperwork
Experts visit the DMV for you
Can be done before your arrival

See what international travelers say about

Rated Excellent on Trustpilot
Matt from was an absolute lifesaver... he was there every step of the way.
Nikki from New Zealand used to buy a campervan
Nikki Addison
New Zealand made the whole process of buying and selling a car in America as easy as could be.
Matt from Australia used to explore the US and Canada
Matt Deavin
This is a company of excellence - I have rarely seen such a well done service.
Andre from Brazil bought a Class C RV in the US with
André Tezza
I can’t recommend highly enough - Matt is knowledgeable, super helpful and completely trustworthy.
Debbie, her husband Dean, and their two kids, traveled the US for a whole year in a Class A RV with the help of
Debbie Niblett
New Zealand
I used and the process was effortless. Everything online and quick. Highly recommended.
Jeroen from the Netherlands used to buy a Ford Explorer and drive the Panamerican highway
Jeroen Berguis
Netherlands made our whole experience seamless and stress-free!
Victoria and Nathan from Australia bought and sold a vehicle in the US instead of renting or hiring.
Victoria Bower


Answers to common questions about

What does do? helps international visitors to the US buy vehicles as an alternative to renting.

We help with the hardest part of the process: vehicle registration.  (Why is vehicle registration the hardest part of the process?) registers vehicles for international visitors in the best US state for vehicle registrations: Montana.  (Why is Montana the best state?)

In order to register a vehicle in Montana, you have to have a presence here.  That’s why we form a Montana Limited Liability Company (LLC), owned 100% by you, and then register the vehicle to your LLC.

How much does cost? charges a flat fee of $995 for most vehicles.*

This cost covers forming your Montana Limited Liability Company (LLC), registering your vehicle, couriering your vehicle’s paperwork, a 40-day Montana temp tag that will let you hit the road while your registration is in process, support for the LLC’s required filings, and termination of your LLC when your visit is complete. charges a reduced flat fee of $745 for each additional vehicle registration.

*Motorhomes with an MSRP of $350k or more and non-RV vehicles with an MSRP of $150k or more are subject to additional fees.  (More detail on fees for high-value vehicles.)

How long does registration take?

Once we have your vehicle’s properly signed prior title, we will register your vehicle in two weeks or less. offers 40-day Montana temp tags that will allow you to hit the road while your registration is in process.

When your registration is complete, we will send your Montana license plates, registration document, and title to a location that’s convenient for you.

How does insurance work?

You can book an insurance policy directly, online or over the phone.

A handful of US auto insurers accept drivers without a US driver’s license.

You’ll want a personal auto policy, booked at an address where the vehicle will spend time (at least a night or two), that lists your Montana LLC as an “additional insured interest.”

This article
provides an in-depth look at insurance for users.

How long before I buy my vehicle should I sign up for

When you hire to register your vehicle, we form a Montana Limited Liability Company (LLC), owned 100% by you.  This LLC is a resident of Montana, and can therefore register a vehicle here.

Because your vehicle will be registered to your LLC, its paperwork needs to reflect your LLC as the buyer.

Therefore, your LLC should be set up before you sign your vehicle’s paperwork.

Forming a Montana LLC takes about one business day - not long at all.

So, you should consider signing up for when you identify a specific vehicle that you’d like to purchase.

Why don’t all Americans register their vehicles in Montana?

All US states have laws requiring people to register their vehicles in-state with a certain time period of becoming a resident.

For example, California requires everyone to register their vehicle(s) in California within 20 days of becoming a California resident.

So, Americans have to register their vehicles in the state in which they live.

However, if you are traveling, and do not become a resident of any US state, you’re not subject to any state’s registration requirements, and are therefore free to choose the best US state to register your vehicle in (which, for most travelers, is Montana).

Can I own an LLC on my visa?

Visas and visa waivers (such as ESTAs) are issued by the national US government, while company formation is handled by the US states.

Montana doesn’t require US citizenship, residency, or even presence in the United States to form a Montana limited liability company (LLC).

If you’re on a B1, B2, ESTA, or other “non-working” visa (or visa waiver), you are prohibited from being employed in the United States while you’re here.

The relationship between yourself and your LLC is one of ownership, not of employment.

However, using your LLC for commercial purposes while you’re in the US - i.e., regularly selling goods and/or services - may cause authorities to consider your relationship to your LLC as one of employment.  If you have questions about employment while in the United States, please consult an immigration attorney.

What are the tax impacts of owning a Montana LLC?

In most cases, an LLC that doesn’t earn income doesn’t owe income tax.

If your LLC simply exists to own a vehicle, its only opportunity to earn income is by selling the vehicle for more than it cost to purchase.

For a bit more detail on tax impacts, kindly consult this article.

What are the filing requirements for owning a Montana LLC?

Owning a Montana Limited Liability Company (LLC) does come with some filing requirements.

Included with your order is our support with the required filings. populates all the necessary forms with your LLC’s details, then you simply input the required values (e.g., the price you paid for the vehicle), sign the form, and submits it to the authorities.

You can learn more about the specific forms here.

Can multiple vehicles be registered to my Montana LLC?

Yes, can register as many vehicles as you want to your LLC. charges a reduced fee of $745 to register each additional vehicle after the first.

(Additional fees for high-value vehicles apply to each vehicle.)

Can I keep my vehicle for longer than a year?

Absolutely!  Many customers keep their vehicle(s) in the US for use year after year.

For more detail on the annual requirements and costs, please see this article.

Can I take my vehicle outside of the US?


Your vehicle can enter and remain in Canada as long as its registration is current and valid.  (If you’re a Canadian resident, check with your provincial authorities, as local registration may be required.)

Vehicles brought into Mexico and Central- and South-American countries usually require a temporary registration permit (TIP).  For more information about crossing borders south of the US, please consult this article.

And you are welcome, of course, to import your vehicle to your home country and register it there.

Still have a question?

Get answers to common questions not listed here.

Let's Get You on the Road

We make US vehicle ownership easy so you can enjoy your visit.